Monday, January 9, 2017

Getting started

Today marks the beginning of the new semester, a semester in which I will be working as an intern with the Advanced Visualization Lab (AVL), a group within University Information Technology Services (UITS) at Indiana University.

The project I am working on will use a variety of information architecture skills while working with a developer to create a web portal for their visual assets. For this project, I will need to assess what those assets are, what the needs are for accessing them, organize the assets (with appropriate tagging and/or metadata), design the interface, work with the developer to implement the design, and test the usability of the final product.

Today marks the beginning, although it really only consisted of filling out the required paperwork so I can jump in on Thursday. My goal for this first week is to get a feel for who is in the AVL and what the AVL does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapping up the project

I was able to start UX testing today on a prototype of the site. I'll hopefully wrap up UX testing tomorrow, write up my findings, and a...