Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What this project is and what it isn't

Monday morning began with a meeting with my supervisor, the group manager, and the division director. We went over the work I had done so far, with me leading the discussion.

The meeting was helpful in clarifying a few questions I had encountered about what the project is and what the project isn't. The proto-personas I created were well-received, so I will continue fleshing them out as I gather more information.

We were also able to agree on the next steps, which mostly involves interviewing each of the group members and collecting some representative samples of the visual assets that the project is about. The interviews are brief, about 30 minutes each, and are helpful in gathering requirements. Part of the interview is requesting information on representative samples, as mentioned above, so I can start creating a list of descriptors. The descriptors will be useful for search terms in the eventual site.

I was able to do the first interview Monday afternoon. I have two more planned for Thursday and another planned for Friday, when I'll finally make a trip to IUPUI to see the other facilities. Interviews will take some time to complete because I have to work around everyone's schedules.

There are plenty of things I can do in the meantime. I've been reading up on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). I have also been typing up my handwritten notes, which helps me think about what the notes mean. In typing them, I can add context and questions, and make connections.

Take away: Meetings aren't always bad. This was more of a work session than a meeting, with the goal of putting us all on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapping up the project

I was able to start UX testing today on a prototype of the site. I'll hopefully wrap up UX testing tomorrow, write up my findings, and a...