Sunday, April 9, 2017

Working through my list

I had set a list of tasks to finish by the end of the week:
  • Personas
  • Sending suggested controlled vocabulary to the manager for feedback
  • Use cases and scenarios
  • Prep UX testing
Here's where that list stands:
  • ☑ Personas
  • ☑ Sending suggested controlled vocabulary to the manager for feedback
  • ☑ Use cases and scenarios
  • ☑ Prep UX testing

I was also able to expand the project document. That isn't done (the project is still in development, plus I just haven't finished adding everything I can to this point). I have added an introduction to the project, defined the scope, and started working on the development section, which will need to be added to as the project is developed. I am also writing up some of the challenges and reflections. 

Along with working more on the project documentation, I want to help create the synonym file. I think that would be good for me to learn how to do, plus it would free up some time for the developers to get the backend developed. The sooner we have something functional, the sooner I can start UX testing. 

I think the UX testing needs to be done in two stages. We need to test both the project entry and search functionality. But to test search, we need some projects available to search! Thus, I think we need to have staff enter a couple of projects and test that side of things, then have them go back and search a couple of different ways. The problem with doing it all at once is that the first couple people testing would have only their projects entered, which isn't quite enough.

Monday I need to mention that to the developers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapping up the project

I was able to start UX testing today on a prototype of the site. I'll hopefully wrap up UX testing tomorrow, write up my findings, and a...