Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reading documentation and next steps

I have spent quite a bit of time reading the documentation for the database solutions mentioned previously. There is a lot to grasp, and it helps if I understand some of how crate.io and elastic.co work, especially since I need to help make decisions on how it is implemented.

Monday brought another project meeting. Dave and Patrick, the developers, were able to present their solution and talk about the proof of concept work they had done. They're moving on to the next steps. Hopefully we'll have a prototype that we can send to staff to test out, so I can do a little UX testing.

I need to do some prepping, deciding what UX testing is the most effective and reasonable for what we are doing.

On my plate right now:

  • Finishing my personas
  • Finalizing the controlled vocabulary
  • Putting together the synonym file
  • Finishing use cases and scenarios
  • UX testing
  • Expanding my earlier schema and structure report into a full report for the project
There is a lot to do in the next three or four weeks!

What I think I can get done this week:
  • Personas
  • Sending suggested controlled vocabulary to the manager for feedback
  • Use cases and scenarios
  • Prep UX testing
The reason that list is so long is because I am almost done with the personas, use cases and scenarios.

Takeaway this time around: my lull during development didn't last long. Development is moving faster than I had anticipated. Although the full portal may not be completed by the end of the semester, a lot will be done and there should be a working prototype at the very least! The things I have been working on in the meantime need to be finished so I can move on to the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapping up the project

I was able to start UX testing today on a prototype of the site. I'll hopefully wrap up UX testing tomorrow, write up my findings, and a...