Sunday, February 12, 2017

Waiting to get feedback

This week involved a lot of looking at lists of keywords, arranging and rearranging them to try to make meaningful sense of all the possibilities. I spoke to a non-team member who might be the type of user this web portal will be designed for. Her feedback on how she would search for projects was very helpful, especially in terms of the labels for the main categories.

I also made some very rough wireframes of the idea I'm currently working with. And now I'm at a point where I really need some feedback.

I have 3 basic layout ideas, trying to balance "easy" buttons with the vast array of descriptors that will be used. Making a decision on which of those ideas to work from will allow me to start wireframing in earnest.

Rough wireframe of boxes showing where various parts of the design will go, including 6 big buttons for the main categories, filters at the top, a tag cloud to the right, and project images below.
Version 3 of the basic layout

The second thing I need feedback on is my organization of the keywords and which should be used in filters and which just left to search terms. Or, do we leave all of them in a big tag cloud? Maybe not the best idea, but possibly closer to what is desired.

I also need to start gathering the assets that will go into the website. We need to organize the items, give them appropriate keywords, create a database or spreadsheet, write descriptions, etc.

So, I am waiting for my supervisor to look over what I have done and then we need to schedule a meeting with the manager and director so those decisions can be made.

And that's the take away this week: sometimes people are busy and you have to move to another part of the project you can do while you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapping up the project

I was able to start UX testing today on a prototype of the site. I'll hopefully wrap up UX testing tomorrow, write up my findings, and a...