Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Assessing and reassessing

Last week I made 3 rough wireframes to show a few basic ideas for the AVL Showcase website. 

Then I had a weekend to think. And I thought about the idea that the director keeps referring to as his idea for the site. 

So Monday I went back to the beginning and really looked at that example and how the search and filtering work. I took a second look at some examples I had gathered of sorting and filtering. I really spent some time assessing the pros and cons of the differences in the sites and wrote up a brief to explain what I liked and didn't like about each option as it relates to this project

I also added a fourth rough wireframe based on that original site, something I hadn't really thought about before in the design.

Partial wireframe showing a search box with two drop-down filters below and places for project links underneath.
A 4th design for the homepage
We have a meeting scheduled for next Monday where I will present what I have so far, and decisions can be made so I can move forward. I don't want to spend time wireframing further pages until we establish which of the 4 versions is the most suited. There are pros and cons to each, which I will need to talk about when we meet. 

Once that is settled, we need to prioritize the keywords and their categories, deciding which are going to be used in the filters because I will need those filters for the wireframing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapping up the project

I was able to start UX testing today on a prototype of the site. I'll hopefully wrap up UX testing tomorrow, write up my findings, and a...